Many think following Christ can be a drag on their "FUN." But what if boundaries are not there to keep you from having a good time but to keep you safe?
We all can make bad decisions through out our lives, and having knowledge with out wisdom can get you into a lot of trouble sometimes. In this series we talk about the wisdom that the bible can bring to a host of topics.
September 19, 2021
The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” Genesis 2:15-17
There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What boundaries do you have specifically in your life?
- What example can you share of overstepping boundaries and what were the results?
- What steps do you take to ensure you don’t overstep your boundaries?
- God gives us His wisdom in His word to set boundaries in our life, what instructions from Gods word to you apply to your life to establish boundaries?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Which part of the message was most impactful for you and why?
- If you had to apply one boundary from God’s word to your life, what would it be and why?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- God gives us commands in His word to follow, what if we did not have these commands, what effect would that have on society?
- What boundaries do you apply to your personal life, your married life, parenting and work?
- When boundaries are ignored, who suffers, you or those around you? Why?
- Do boundaries make you feel constrained for free? Why?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus you gave us the example of obedience and living a life with boundaries. You sent your Holy Spirit to help guide us and keep us within your boundaries. Help me not only to be obedient to your commands but to establish boundaries in my life to keep me from missing the mark and sinning. Give me wisdom to always do those things that are pleasing and right in your sight.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- This week I will take the time to examine my life and assess the boundaries, or lack of, and determine to set boundaries to keep the devil out of my life.
- I will read the book of Proverbs this month and apply the wisdom learned to my life.
- I will pray daily and be sensitive to the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- If needed, I will confide in a close friend to help keep me accountable so I can establish safe boundaries in my life.