Kickstart a brand new series with us, and join the "Book Club"! Our first read, "How to Win Friends and Influence People," will reveal the two rules for a successful friendship.
Kickstart a brand new series with us, and join the "Book Club"! Our first read, "How to Win Friends and Influence People," will reveal the two rules for a successful friendship
June 27, 2021
A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24 NKJV
He who loves purity of heart And has grace on his lips, The king will be his friend. Proverbs 22:11 NKJV
A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. Proverbs 22:1 NIV
Death and life are in the power of the tongue; those who love it will eat its fruit. Proverbs 18:21 CEB
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Is easy to make excuses why we don’t have many friends. My personality isn’t as outgoing, Im shy etc….
- Oxford dictionary defines friend as: “a person who has the same interests and opinions as yourself, and will help and support you”
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Which part of the message was most impactful for you and why?
- Think of who your best friend is or was and what was it about them that was different than others.
- What are some ways you can be a friend to others?
- The bible has a lot to say about our “tongue” and our words; why do you think this is so important?
- When you hear the word integrity, what qualities come to mind?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- How has God used you as a friend to someone else?
- What do you find are the most important qualities in a friend?
- Jesus told us to “do unto others as you would have them do unto you” What does this say to you?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Father, Help me be a friend others can count on and feel comfortable around. Help me keep a watch over my tongue so I don’t offend others with my words. I want to minister your love to others this week. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Who has God brought to mind that you feel He wants you to be more of a friend to?
- Ask God to help you be mindful of your words and actions towards others? Do you treat others the way you would want to be treated?
- Commit to pray for others – maybe someone you work with, or a friend that needs Jesus.