Are you feeling the pain of being isolated from the world? Are you lonely and maybe even afraid? This series will ignite hope inside of you as we unearth God’s handiwork during our times of isolation.
Are you feeling the pain of being isolated from the world? Are you lonely and maybe even afraid? This Easter series will ignite hope inside of you as we unearth God’s handiwork during our times of isolation.
This week we continue in our series Isolation vs Hope. Pastor Craig discussed the events of Acts chapter 12 in which Peter has been imprisoned and the church was fervently in prayer for his safety. Unfortunately, the world has more confidence in the supernatural than God’s people do. This shouldn’t surprise us. Jesus said unbelief would be prevalent in the last days. There is good news, if you are a believer, the Bible is full of supernatural things you already believe in. It’s time for the church to believe again, He is the last minute God!
1. Open this time of discussion with initial thoughts and responses to this week’s sermon.
2. Have you or someone you know ever experienced something that they could not explain? Share that story with the group.
3. Pastor Craig said there are 3 categories Christ-followers will find themselves in when Jesus comes back or when we go to meet Him. 1. Having a form of godliness but denying the power. 2. The double-minded 3. Those of relentless faith. Which category do you most often find yourself in? Explain.
4. Have a volunteer read Acts 12:6-11: If it were the night before your execution due to your faith, do you think you could sleep as soundly as Peter did? Why or why not?
5. Have a volunteer read Acts 12:12-18: How did those praying for Peter respond when he came to their home? Would you have responded similarly? Why or why not?
6. In the passage Pastor Craig discussed from Hebrews all these people earned a good reputation because of their faith, yet none of them received all that God had promised. This week, how can we reflect on the promises of God to help others currently facing hardship?
Jesus said in the last days there will be a church with no power because the deny THE POWER. Let’s not be those people. Believe again, He is the last minute God! On the very night before... Peter came out of that cell! It was supernatural! Doyou feel like you are down to your last minute? Your last minute is the most important one. Your last minute decides your legacy. Your last minute decides your destiny. Have faith in God!
Church let’s believe again!!! Let’s stand in faith against this virus! Let’s believe His promise that “if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14 NLT
Acts 12:5-12, 15-16 NLT
“You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times.”
Acts 12:1-3 NLT
“About that time King Herod Agrippa began to persecute some believers in the church.He had the apostle James (John’s brother) killed with a sword. When Herod saw how much this pleased the Jewish people, he also arrested Peter. (This took place during the Passover celebration.)”
James 1:6-8 NIV
“But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.”
Hebrews 11:13, 29-31, 33-37, 39-40 NLT
2Chronicles 7:14 NLT
“if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.”