We are currently in a season when even before one labor pain has stopped another one has begun. How should the Body of Christ respond and act during this time of crisis and unrest?
God did not give us The Book of Revelation so we could become a prophet and there by predict the future. It is not given sowe can predict who the Man of Sin or the Antichrist or the beast will be. History is full of those who thought they knew who the Antichrist would be or was. Revelation is not given so we can predict the precise day and hour when the Lord will return. From Revelation, we can see the alignment of nations and circumstances that will occur in the last days. We can see how our world is fitting into the pattern morally, politically, religiously, and economically that will exist in the last days.
1. Open up this week’s discussion by asking what are your initial thoughts when you think about the book of Revelation?
2. After hearing Pastor Craig discuss the book of Revelation what do you think is Revelation’s main purpose and message to the Church? (Answer: To enjoy the rewards of heaven you must be an overcomer.
3. Have a volunteer read Revelation 21:6-8 - Where are some places people turn to satisfy their spiritual thirst, other than to God? Why do those things not ultimately satisfy?
4. What characteristics of your life demonstrate that you are “thirsty” (v. 6) for all God has promised in Jesus?
5. Have you been putting off getting serious about some aspect of your spiritual life? If so, what is one practice that you need to integrate in your life this week instead of waiting?
6. What urgency do you feel to warn unbelievers of their need to accept Christ’s free gift of salvation while there is still time?
The Revelation of Jesus Christ is designed to promote holiness. The greatest purpose of the prophetic Word is the pursuit of holiness by His people. This is evident everywhere in one prophetic passage after another. In Colossians 3 Paul reminds us that our Lord’s return is used as a basis for an exhortation to godliness.
"If then you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth." Colossians 3:1-2
Prophecy should have a special message and appeal for us to live holy in light of the sure and blessed hope of the future. There is still time.
“The Spirit and the bride say, ‘Come!’ Let the one who hears say, ‘Come!’ And let the one who is thirsty come! Let the one who wishes receive life-giving water as a gift.”
Revelation 22:17 CEB
Rev. 3:10 “Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.”
1 Thessalonians 1-10
“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony, and they loved not their lives unto the death.”
1 John 2:28-3:3
1 Peter 1:13-17