Easter is the most significant event in human history because it represents the promise of God being fulfilled. But...what promise is that?
The book of Acts shows how God fulfilled His ancient promises to restore His blessing to all the nations through the offspring of Abraham: Jesus of Nazareth. In this 10-week series, we'll explore how Jesus and the Spirit renew the people of Israel and prepare them to announce the good news to the nations.
Easter is the most significant event in human history because it represents the promise of God being fulfilled. But...what promise is that? What is Easter really all about? Easter is all about how God reconciled man to Himself.
(The goal is to grow in our relationship with Christ and each other. It is ok if you don’t cover every question.)
1. What are some Easter traditions you or your family practice?
2. Have you ever followed a guide for a tour, hike, or something similar? Was your guide effective or ineffective? Why?
3. Have a volunteer read Romans 8:9-14. What are the benefits of life in the Spirit discussed in these verses?
4. Why is knowing the constant presence of God’s Spirit a powerful deterrent to giving in to the temptations that come with our struggle with sin?
5. Why does having the Spirit guarantee our future bodily resurrection?
6. How has your understanding of the Spirit changed through our discussion today?
7. Where do you most need the Holy Spirit’s help at this time? What will help you depend more fully upon the Holy Spirit in those areas?
8. In what ways have you recently been reminded of the Spirit’s presence and power in your life? How can you be more aware of and sensitive to the Spirit’s presence and power this week?
"But I tell you that I am going to do what is best for you. That is why I am going away. The Holy Spirit cannot come to help you until I leave. But after I am gone, I will send the Spirit to you." John 16:7
Jesus has risen from the dead and is victorious over death itself. Death has no hold over us. Are you "led by the Spirit of God?" That is the deciding factor of heaven or hell.
Invite group members to praise God for the specific ways the Spirit changes us from the inside out and helps us live beyond ourselves, as people who glorify Him and reflect Him to the world.