Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say: “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.” Revelation 4:9-11
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- How do you plan on spending this Christmas?
- Why do you think Jesus made breakfast for his disciples and how do you think some of them reacted to it?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- How did this message help remind you of the magnificence of God?
- What was one quality that stuck out to you regarding the “resume” of Jesus described in Sunday’s message
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- What was the most stunning thing you read from the passages we read about in Revelations 4 and 5?
- How much does it mean to you being reminded of what Jesus sacrificed to be our savior?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Lord thank you for reminding me of your magnificence. Help me be reminded of who you are everyday. I want to be more of a servant like Jesus, someone who is willing to serve others before myself. I’m thankful that I get to honor, worship, and pray to such an amazing God who loves his people. Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Take a moment each mornings this week for 5 minutes to meditate on the brilliance of God.