For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. John 3:16-17
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it. Matthew 10:39
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Do you feel that as a that the church is walking in the full salvation that is theirs?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Pastor Rick mentioned that after giving our lives to the Lord, believing that He died for our sins, some sit and wait for His return, not living life to the fullest that He promised in His word. Why is this?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- What stood out the most in Pastor Rick’s sermon to you?
- God is not a respecter of persons, but it is obvious that some Christians seem to walk in Gods blessings more than others. Why is this?
- Do you feel you are living a blessed, abundant life?
- Can you think of reasons why some don’t experience the abundant life Jesus came to give us?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus You came to give me life and that more abundantly, I want to experience your best for my life. I want to be a blessing to others. Help me to be a doer of your word so your blessings can flow to and through me.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- I am going to take time to seek the Lord.
- God said “my people perish for a lack of knowledge. This week Im going to seek out what God has said in His word regarding an area I need to experience salvation “SOZO” in. ie. Healing, prosperity, wisdom, joy, faithfulness, etc. I will dwell on these scriptures until I see them manifest in my life as God intended.
- I am going to share with someone what God has done for me.
- I am going to pray for someone that needs Gods salvation.