How was the Church born, and what does it mean to be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ? God’s people receive power from God’s Spirit for the purpose of fulfilling God’s mission. Uncover answers as we dive into the book of Acts and the history of the early church!
(The goal is to grow in our relationship with Christ and each other. It is ok if you don’t cover every question.)
1. How did you first come to know Jesus?
2. Who has helped you grow in your faith since then?
3. Ask a volunteer to read John 16:7. Why was Jesus’ ascension to heaven better for our mission?
4. If the Spirit of God dwells within every believer in Christ, then why do so many believers struggle to engage in gospel mission?
5. Why do you think so many Christians find it easy to conceive of God the Father and God the Son as Persons, but find it difficult to conceive of God the Spirit in the same way? What hinders you from seeing the Spirit as a Person?
6. Have you ever sensed the Spirit’s help? Give examples of when you have sensed the Spirit’s guidance in your life?
7. Are you living a Spirit-filled life? Explain. How can we help each other live more Spirit-filled lives?
"I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your old men will dream dreams, and your young men will see visions. In those days, I will pour out my Spirit even on servants—men and women alike." Acts 2:17
God began the church in Acts by showing the powers of darkness that Jesus was not gone; He is now back in every believer.
Thank God for the gift of the Holy Spirit, whose power raises the dead to life. Invite Him to show you more of that power in your own life each day this week as you look for opportunities to serve Him and share the gospel with the world around you.