Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:13-14
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What did you learn about heaven and hell after hearing Sunday’s message?
- Give some examples of times you have seen decisions made due to instant satisfaction or to do what “felt right?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- There are so many different influences in the culture today. What are some influences throughout your life that have tried to adopt that it is “the way, the truth, and the life?”
- What are some ways that you can bring awareness to the community about the importance of how we live in the in-between?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- What are aspects of your life that you need to surrender to Jesus?
- Proverbs 14:12 says, “there is also a way that seems right to a man – but its end is death.” What changes can occur so you can live more like how Christ calls us to?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Lord, we thank you for the living word that is in our grips to use as the most important tool in our lives. We pray for guidance and discernment as we live in these times that all the things we do point to you and are pleasing to you, oh Lord. Thank you for your endless grace and mercy in our lives as we walk in the borderlines. May I never lose sight of the way, the truth, and the life. Jesus, you are the ONLY way! Almighty God, give me the words to say to those that surround me and the ears to hear those who need you. I surrender it all to you so you can have your way in my life. Amen!
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Start a Bible reading plan this week.
- Make small changes to your daily schedule to clear up time to spend with the Lord.